Thursday, September 9, 2010

Basic Tricks of BMX

When people first enter the world of BMX, their first question is often "What tricks to I start out with?"

First of all, the main trick you want to get down, as discussed in an earlier post of mine, is the bunnyhop, that is, using your bodies strength and momentum to lift the bike, and yourself, into the air.  This leads to many other tricks that you'll be learning.

One of these is the 180, which is when you bunnyhop and turn, while in the air, your body 180 degrees and land backwards from the direction you were facing.  Depending on if you're on an incline or a flat surface, you will have to either fakie out of it (ride backwards and turn the bike back around using your handlebars) or just ride foward, if your on something such as a ramp.

Another trick is the 360, one that gives a lot of people trouble.  To do this trick you essentially do a 180 but put a lot more force into your spin to get yourself all the way around and facing the same direction you started in.

Later on ill make some posts with more in-depth descriptions on how to perform these, and other, tricks.

Until then thanks for supporting! :)


BTW you may have noticed another ad at the top of the screen, sorry if it annoys anyone, I hope it doesnt get in the way but theres some cool stuff thats advertised there so be sure to check it out if you like it :)

52 comments:

  1. follow me and i follow u ..

    already support u

    like it

    http://appsummary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supportin!

    Follow me bros.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just showing love :)

    mitsuruchan12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I supporting you

    Follow and suport me please

    I post everyday and is interesting

    http://stefilutz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool, have you seen the guy who went around a town in scotland jumping from roofs n stuff? was cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psh, I jump skyscrapers on my bike! HARDCORE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Supporting you =)
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Use to BMX back in the day, this post makes me think about maybe trying it out again

    supportin ya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, I used to BMX when I was younger, it would be fun to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 9/9 Love and Support

    Thanks for all the comments guys!

    http://musclemaniamadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would brek a leg by not riding a bike properly...BMX tricks?
    naww I'll just stay with Designing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daily support given. :) Hope you can do the same. Will always support you bro.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh man i wish i could do tricks i was never good enough to xD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the input on bidvertiser, I've heard nothing good about it and the only reason I deicided to do it was because I saw it on your blog I believe. I'm gonna replace it with AdBright and hope it works. I'll let you know if I start making money off this.

    Please remove this comment once you've read it. Thanks again for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a friend who used to BMX.
    I'd see him bruised up all the time.

    I think his love for weed overrode his love for the sport.

    ReplyDelete
  16. last time i tried bunny hopping, i sat on my balls

    ReplyDelete
  17. if i try this, i would died a painful death.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i already crushed my nuts once bro.. there is no second time..

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha used to ride as a kid, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  20. supportin

    show u some love ...

    daily love XD

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jesus christ I need to get out and actually do these...

    http://quarterqwerty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome, perhaps I'll try this out once :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool. :))
    Help a brother spread some knowledge.

    http://tetru.blogspot.com


    Supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice blog that looks cool man !;)
    supporting & following you;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice blog and thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  26. Daily round.Supporting
    saci-cu-bani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. make a longer 180 post. and dude i thought your icon was a shark for a while lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Perhaps post some more advanced tricks later next week? or perhaps a tutorial video?

    ReplyDelete
  29. 9/11 Love and Support!

    Never Forget!

    http://musclemaniamadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I´m too much of a fool to even perform basic tricks with a bmx^^

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good work on this post! I really like the way you delivered your qualitative facts and how you made this fascinating and effortless to realize. Thank you!! travel bike

    ReplyDelete